Thursday, 17 May 2012

Well that wasn't such a good idea..

So yesterday I mini-adventured over to Nanaimo and was super excited to go on a Michael's shopping spree. I was nervous because I told myself I could only spend the $$ I've made so far.. not from my own pocket so I was worried that it would be a difficult shop. Turns out that Michael's was the wrong choice for me as they really didn't have anything I wanted. bummer! I ended up buying 2 organizers for beads (totally needed), one package of orange 6/0 beads which will make a few gorgeous bracelets, and a sea turtle charm because I love turtles and want to make myself a necklace :)

I couldn't find any jumprings.. except for the standard small packages. I thought they might have carried various aluminum rings but I guess they don't. I was also hugely disappointed in their bead selection. Ah well, next time I head down that way I'll do my proper research and look for a bead store! :)

After Nanaimo my sister and I stopped in Coombs for a bit. I love the Country Market! :) We've been going there since we were little and it's still a treat. I did find some more beads at one of the little shops.

Here's a pic of my bead haul (ok more like a small sample):




transparent peach, silver lined orange, transparent pale yellow, and silver lined bright yellow. I'm not a huge fan of yellow or orange so I've made a challenge for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment